Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All Sorts of Dead.

So it's Day 2 of P90X.

I don't think I've ever been so tired in my entire life.

I was going to update on the first day to let you all know how it went, but I didn't have enough time to sit down and do it. But anyway, the first day wasn't so bad. Well, it was, but not like I thought it would be.
We worked on our arms, chest and back, and did something called the "Ab Ripper" (Doesn't that sound enticing?)

My arms and abs were exhausted, but not like today.

Today, everything is exhausted.

Ever heard of Plyometrics? For some reason I continue to call it Pyrometrics, which is completely wrong, because Pyro means fire. But wouldn't that be something? "Exercise with Fire!" Now that would be one serious workout... One that I don't think even the P90x would attempt.
I'd like to tell them that to bring their ego down a few notches.

Anyway, I digress.

I've never heard Plyometrics until yesterday... & We've gotten to know each other very well. Plyomentrics? Not sympathetic. Not easy-going. Not fun.

& Just in case you're wondering exactly what this is, here's a good definition:

'Plyometrics (also known as "plyos") is a type of exercise training designed to produce fast, powerful movements, and improve the functions of the nervous system, generally for the purpose of improving performance in sports. Plyometric movements, in which a muscle is loaded and then contracted in rapid sequence, use the strength, elasticity and innervation of muscle and surrounding tissues to jump higher, run faster, throw farther, or hit harder, depending on the desired training goal. Plyometrics is used to increase the speed or force of muscular contractions, providing explosiveness for a variety of sport-specific activities.' (Wikipedia)

So in other words, there is a whole lot of constant jumping, squatting, kicking, lunging, and various other uncomfortable movements.

At the end of our hour session we were so sweaty that all 6 of us looked like we had just run through the backyard sprinklers.

Although, I do have to say that I was having a very grumpy day yesterday and really didn't want to do the work out, but doing it actually made me feel better. Mostly because I always laugh when I work out with other people, which might sound strange, but some of the things we do just look so silly. & It doesn't help that the instructor on the DVD that we're following has a very cheesy sense of humor, and feels the need to constantly remind us that "this workout isn't any workout, it's the P90X! And X stands for Extreme!"

Snort!

So anyway, today, I'm all sorts of dead.
Not dead, dead, but exhausted dead. The "don't want to move,"  kind of dead. Well more like, "can't move," kind of dead.
& Today, we get to do it all over again. Yay! (Tomorrow I might really be dead.)
Not fun, but necessary.

"Because this is the P90x!"

Well, I better get off here and find something more productive to do.
Not sure what that will be just yet, but I'm a good finder.
I hope your day is filled with sweets and fun!

Sincerely,
  Yours Truly

P.S. Mr/Ms. Not Help Him comes into the Center today at 3.
Too bad I get off at 12. :( So close!

No comments:

Post a Comment