Friday, February 11, 2011

"Ohhh Yes."

Hello you!

It has been quite a while since I have updated, as I am sure that you know.
So much has been going on since my last post, some good, some bad, and some just plain funky.
My current dilemma? Is eloquently turning all of these happenings into a good, wholesome blog entry.

This always seems to be the challenge.

Well, I shall first inform you that Spring semester has already begun, and so now this is what has been consuming my life the past couple of months.
That, and wedding planning.

Wait... what?

Yeah, I think this was a piece of valuable information that I have accidentally left out in the past.
Sorry about that, folks.
Sergey and I have been engaged for about a year now, and our wedding date is March 19th, 2011.

Yes, that is next month.

We spent winter break planning it, and got nearly everything done.
Now all that is left are all of the details, like ceremony decor, entertainment, etc.
However, as each day passes I feel the load get just a little bit heavier, and I am seeing the beginnings of stress. Mostly because it appears in the form of breakouts, lack of sleep, and the occasional bouts of worrying.
Which, I assume is normal. Not pleasant, but normal.

So aside from school and wedding planning, work has been a little less time consuming then last semester, but none-the-less, still time consuming. My hours have been cut and I now work 15 hours/week instead of 20. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have work, but when you're trying to plan a wedding and start a brand new life, a pay cut is one of the last things a person needs. This, and probably a fatal disease. I think a fatal disease will always one of the last things on earth that I will ever need.

Lately, a lot of weird things have been happening to me concerning work/school. Directly, and indirectly.
For example: One day I was leaving to go to work (at about 7am) only to find that my car has been covered in a mural of gummy worms, bears (gummy, not real ones. That would be insane.), monster stickers, and plastic bugs. Which I must note that these things are not fun to peel off in the blistering cold.
Luckily, I had left the house extra early so that when I found this masterpiece I had enough time to clean everything off without being late for work. Most of the stuff came off, and fairly easy, although I did drive around with white sticker residue on my windows for several weeks.
Sometimes you just get to that point when you just don't care.
I have reached this point in life a long, long time ago

As for the other weird stuff?

It seems as though I have been surrounded with seizure-having people.
The first day of class the girl that sat next to me suddenly put her head down on her desk and started shaking. Myself and the girl behind me seemed to be the only one who noticed, but neither of us understood what was going on. She looked like she had just read a really hilarious text message and put her face in her folded arms to muffle her intense laughing. (which had no sound at all.) After a minute or so, she suddenly sat up and looked like she had just awaken from some seriously intense sleep. Then she began to record this occurrence in a little notebook, most likely used for keeping track of when the seizures occurred.
& About a week after this occurrence? While I was packing up to go take my hour lunch break, a student comes sprinting into the center and screams "EMERGENCY!"  With his hitch-hiker like thumb pointing behind him, signifying that this emergency was happening in the hallway. So a co-worker of mine (who was not scheduled to work that day, but was just there for her own appointment) and I go into the hallway to see what was going on, and there was a girl laying on the floor straight as a board, and she was shaking just like the other girl had, yet she was conscious.

This was when I learned something new about myself.
When emergencies occur?

I freeze.

This is not a good quality.

I knew that I had to call 911, but for some reason I just couldn't do it. So I had my co-worker call for me, and... I left for lunch.
I believe I had Panda Express that day.

Food always makes me feel better.

Speaking of food, yesterday I had a short 30 minute lunch break so I went into the cafeteria to see what the daily soup was going to be. ( I love soup.) When I got into the cafeteria I spotted the daily soup sign, which read "Creamy Vegetable." Hm... this seemed like either a hit or a miss in the tasty department, but I decided to try it, but only after taking a gander first. And as I am reaching under the ridiculously low sneeze-guard glass and stretching over to lift the lid off of the metal pot to peer inside, (this quite a difficult task) I hear a voice just over my shoulder say, "Mmmm... That looks good." As my heart skips a beat or two and I nearly throw the soupy lid onto the floor, I spin around to see an older woman who I had just helped in the center just minutes before, and she is smiling. Smiling much too widely for a situation regarding soup, and her grin is gapped and toothy. I politely smile, and turn back around to empty two generous ladle-fulls of creamy vegetable into my Styrofoam container. Which takes a while, because I am not skilled at using a ladle while my arm is going through a glass-walled obstacle course. As I begin to seal my little soup container, I turn around to see whose presence I had been feeling closely behind me while I was ladleing soup. It was the same lady, and I guess she was serious about the soup looking good. So to confirm whether or not I should put the lid back onto the pot, I ask, "Are you going to have some?" To which she replies, "ohhh yes."

Creepy.

I guess there are people out there who are much more passionate about soup than I am.

Which I suppose isn't bad, It's great to have a passion.

Sincerely,

Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment