Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You are Beautiful, No Matter What They Say.

"You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down
Don't you bring me down today..."

Although since my life has changed and I don't listen to Christina Aguilera anymore, she does have a good message within the lyrics of her song "Beautiful". I've been wanting to write a entry about this topic for a long while now, but I just haven't gotten around to it. This subject is very dear to my heart, and really changed my outlook on several things, one of those being how I feel about myself.

Our generation is probably the most superficial generation that has ever lived, and many people suffer because of this.

"You need this to be beautiful, you have to look like this to be attractive, this is the ideal image and if you don't fit it, you're not good enough."

You know what I mean.
Odds are that you've even experienced the feeling of not being good enough.

& You've probably even read a million things about this subject, and it's most likely old news. But please continue reading. This entry is so much more than just telling you that you're beautiful just the way you are and expecting you to believe it.

If you're like me and every other self-critical woman on the face of this planet, you know that you have several aspects of yourself that you don't like, or "could be better."

These imperfections are what we call our "flaws".

The things we see as flaws could be anything: Thin hair, curly hair, big nose, thin lips, crooked teeth, ears that stick out, too tall, too short, short eyelashes, fuzzy eyebrows, freckles, blond hair, brown hair, red hair, small hands, big hands, long toes, you name it. I have several of my own that I complain about. It's so easy to see what's wrong with you when you compare yourself to somebody else. (Which is a dangerous thing, because comparison can cause jealousy to rear its ugly head and allow sin in.)

Now, listen this:
As you may or may not know, God, the maker of the entire universe, also took the time to make you and Me. (*And in His very own image!) He designed every single aspect of us, right down to the number of hairs on our heads and the number of cells that make up our bodies.

Now these "flaws" that we have?

If you know anything about God, you must know that He doesn't make mistakes.

He does everything according to exactly how he wants it, and everything he does, he does perfectly.
What does this mean?
You are beautiful.
You are perfect.
There isn't anyone else that can make you any better than God can, so you're the best of the best!
& The only thing that will tell you that you're not, are the people of this world; who make mistakes, who mess up, who aren't perfect.
And this world fades away into nothing.
Everything this world tells us about beauty is all lies.

You don't need to be thin to be beautiful, you don't need straight hair, or blue eyes, or long legs, or arched eyebrows, or small feet, or anything.

Originality is beauty. Natural is beautiful. You are beautiful. Because God personally designed you.

Try avoiding all of those awful things like magazines and TV shows that tell you that you're not good enough, or that guys will only think you're beautiful if you fit a certain standard.
The truth is, the good guys will like you for what you are.
I promise.

Although I sometimes still find myself criticizing the aspects of me that I don't like, the thought of being perfect in actuality always brings me back to feeling happy. It keeps me grounded, and also keeps me from spending money and wasting my time. We're all pretty for free! :D

Love you, you beauties!

Sincerely,
Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment